Small Group Training has quickly become one of the hottest trends in the fitness industry. Since we consider ourselves a “trendy bunch” here at Bodyworks, we decided to design and implement our own small group training program.
Benefits of Small Group Training
Some of the benefits associated with Bodyworks Small Group Training:
- Cost: If one-on-one personal training packages are just a bit of a stretch for your budget, small group training provides a more affordable alternative.
- Education: group members get the privilege of learning multiple kick-butt exercises per class under the guidance of a highly qualified and knowledgeable instructor
- Participants have been proven to exercise more regularly when they are part of a group.
- Being part of a group with a common goal can combat isolation, increase optimism about personal change, and enhance motivation.
- Not only is there a schedule to adhere to, but participants end up feeling that their fellow participants expect them to attend. They are more likely, then, to show up even when they may be feeling tired or stressed (what adult isn’t).
- Participants are more inclined to stay focused by following the progressive programming set forth by the trainer.
- It is fun! Believe it or not, doing the right exercise program with other women can definitely be fun.
- Results. When you stick with a well-constructed program, you will get results!
We guarantee is that you will always receive professional instruction, accountability and results!
- Programs run continuously and participants are billed every 4 weeks.
- Participants are not required to commit to programs for a given period of time and may stop participation by giving the club 7 days’ notice prior to their scheduled charge date.
- Programs are available for members and non-members.
- Missed sessions do not carry over from 4 week cycle to 4 week cycle. If, however, a scheduled session is missed during a given week and the client gives the club the required 24 hours’ notice, the client may attend a different session during the same 4 week cycle (based on availability).
- Participants may choose programs that meet once, twice or three times per week.
- Participants who choose programs that meet more than once per week may select a variety of programs.
- Each training session is 50 minutes in duration.
- Maximum participants per session is 10-12 and minimum required is 2.
- In the event a program does not have the minimum required participants, the start date would be delayed until the required number of participants have enrolled.
- Spaces are not guaranteed until the participant has enrolled in the program.
- Programs are nonrefundable. Consideration, however, in the form of a credit (to future sessions) may be given for medical reasons. Documentation from physician would be required.
- Drop-ins are available only if the session has not sold out and are first come, first serve.
- Sessions are available only to the purchaser of the program and are not transferrable.
- Members may set up their own groups and programs (12 participants max) with a desirable day and time and we will do our best to accommodate the group.
Small Group Training Programs Offered
“Bodyworks takes pride in staying up to date with the fitness industry and that includes our small groups. Below is a sampling of our most popular sessions currently running but don’t be afraid to stop at the desk or call the club for the most up to date schedule.”
(Mondays & Wednesdays @ 5:30pm w/Amy)
Functional training approach enables you to move better, challenge yourself and increase functional capacity to live a more fulfilling life. Functional training uses foundational movements and progressions utilizing TRX Suspension Trainer, Rip Trainer, Synergy 360, Kettlebells, Medicine ball, Sandbags, Heavy ropes, Dumbbell and Barbell and many more. Functional training movement based training allows you to move better and so you can feel better.
Tread & Tone
(Tuesdays @ 9:00am w/Marta)
When you think of walking or running on a treadmill you may not feel very motivated but that’s where the tread and tone class comes in. Interval based class to upbeat music will make time fly and bring on miles and burned calories. Part of the class is choreographed with low weights and bands for upper body toning bonus.
(Tuesdays @ 10:00 am w/Carissa)
(Wednesdays @10:30 am w/Brie)
The “mother of all boot camps” will contain stations such as monkey bars, cables, rebounders, heavy bags, kettle bells and battle ropes which will provide a variety of challenges guaranteed to burn calories and build strength and stamina. Life Fitness pioneered the Synrgy360 concept to provide inspirational fitness experiences to an increasingly diverse audience of exercisers. This customizable, multi-purpose apparatus unit has been selected (and handsomely paid for) by Pumps to ensure optimal boot camp style training for our women’s only clientele. This revolutionary unit provides limitless opportunities to train harder, more efficiently, and meet other women who are also crazy enough to partake.
Boxing Power Hour
(Thursdays @ 6:30 w/Michele)
Torch calories, relieve stress, and challenge your limits in this 50 minute boxing & conditioning class! You will increase your cardiovascular endurance, boost your fitness level and build strength with a combination of circuits both on and off the bag. Learn correct form on the bags and with focus mitts to improve your technique, speed and power, while also using ladders and cones to advance your footwork.
Beginners are welcome and encouraged to try this fun workout that will push you hard and work your entire body. Gloves are available to borrow.
No Rules Bootcamp
(Saturdays @ 8:00am w/Hakeem)
Not one workout will be the same. One day we could work on your endurance through cardio circuits, the next week maybe we touch upon your strength and lift some weights! Every workout will be challenging as we work with different equipment such as dumbbells, kettle bells, battle ropes, slam balls, TRX, body weight movements, and SO MUCH MORE! It’s all about keeping your workouts creative and keeping your body guessing right? We will perfect your technique with your lifts and get your heart rate up in order to get that heart and blood pumping. This boot camp will make you want you to jump out of bed Saturday morning not knowing what your workout will be, but excited to do it. I want to keep you, your body, and your mind guessing. Come start off your weekends the strong way with myself and a motivating, fun group of hardworking women!.
Get Your 3 Day FREE Pass
Bodyworks Fitness Center for Women
Mon: 5:30 am – 9:00 pm
Tue: 5:30 am – 9:00 pm
Wed: 5:30 am – 9:00 pm
Thu: 5:30 am – 9:00 pm
Fri: 5:30 am – 8:00 pm
Sat: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sun: 7:00 am – 1:00 pm